The Cracker Barrel restaurant and store in Dunn, shown here, was closed Wednesday night and was set to reopen Thursday at 5 p.m. after a small fire in the kitchen. Management confirmed the fire and referred questions to the corporate offices.
According to Dunn Emergency Services Assistant Chief Scott Phillips, the fire started in the kitchen as a small grease fire around 6:40 p.m. Wednesday forcing the restaurant to be evacuated. Estimates of damage by the Dunn Emergency Services were listed as approximately $15,000. Because a fire extinguisher was discharged, the Harnett County Health Department must re-inspect the location prior to its re-opening. No injuries were reported and fire units left the restaurant around 8:30 p.m.